Silly Republocrats

Jim Drinkard of the AP wrote,
"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said at a breakfast session Friday in Washington. "I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," he said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."
Clinton press secretary Philippe Reines said Sunday, "Working for someone who believes in the Golden Rule, we're not going to engage in such vitriolic discourse, but it seems that a new low has been reached in demonizing political opponents."
…The Rev. Barry Lynn, director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said, "I don't know why Jerry Falwell always has to drag politics into the gutter."
So? This is a news story? A conservative makes a half-joking, but realistic observation, and liberals start name calling. You might as well run a headline declaring, "Dog Bites Man."

I don’t know much about Jerry Falwell, and I suspect I don’t want to, but what did he say that was so bad? He didn’t say Clinton is Lucifer (even if she might be). Change a couple of names and see how ridiculous Reines and Lynn are being: "I certainly hope that James Dobson is the Republican candidate," Jesse Jackson said. "I hope he’s the candidate, because nothing will energize Democratic voters like James Dobson. If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."

My response would be, "Duh." It's like they're getting all offended because someone called a clear sky blue. Democrats act like rebellious little children doing the exact opposite of whatever their parents say, and Republicans are like horrified parents over-reacting and getting out the belt at any little excuse. Or maybe it’s the other way around. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

A pox on both their petty little houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.