Let Them Know They're in a Fight

I hate threatening someone else's job. I don't care for boycotts. Honestly, the whole #OpTorDrop thing makes me a little sick to my stomach. I'd rather just let people know what I think by supporting things I like and not supporting things I don't. In return, I'd like to be free to support a worthy cause with my own resources, to point out obvious truths in a public forum, or to wear a gaudy Hawaiian shirt without fear of being fired and blacklisted.

Unfortunately, the world today just doesn't work that way.

The other side declared war on us decades ago and we didn't believe them. Who usually wins a fight? The first one to know he's in a fight, which is why we keep losing.

So swallow your bile and start hitting back. Let them know that they're finally in a fight.



I'm not buying another Tor book until Irene Gallo and Patrick Nielsen-Hayden have quit or been fired. I'll buy two on that day. It seems like a small thing, but every war consists of numerous small battles. Start small, start big...just start.

In the meantime, I'm looking for the next fight.

HT: Vox Day "A necessary endorsement"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.