A Chiasm Centered on the Deception of Isaac


A: V18 – Who are you?
    B: V19 – I am Esau
        C: Your firstborn
            D: I’ve done what you asked
                E: Get up and eat so you can give me your blessing
                    F: V20 – God granted success
                        G: V21-22 – Parallelism, part 1
                                1. Come near
                                2. Isaac feels Jacob’s hands
                            H: V23-25 – Isaac believes the lie
                        G: V26-27 – Parallelism, part 2
                                1. Come near
                                2. Isaac smells Jacob’s clothes
                    F: V28-29 – Isaac blessed Jacob
                E: V31 – Get up and eat so you can give me your blessing
            D: I am your son
        C: Your firstborn
    B: Esau
A: V32 – Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.