God's People, Like Stars

I heard a preacher say that God doesn't want us to follow rules. I gotta wonder if he's ever read the bible.

Adonai is a God of order. Every gluon & galaxy follows ironclad laws because that's how God likes it. He wants us to move in His Torah like stars, obedient by instinct, by nature, not with resentment or frustration. "If you love me, keep my commandments," He says. Also: "My yoke is easy & my burden is light." There's no contradiction here.

It's true that God doesn't want us to have to read & study His rules. He wants them to be written on our hearts and someday He will accomplish that for us, because it's not something we can do on our own. Don't make the mistake of thinking it's already done. If you don't know God perfectly, right this second, with no more need for Scripture or teaching, then you don't have God's Law written on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.