In Full Knowledge of Who you Are

In Deuteronomy 31 God told Moses to gather the people, the Levites, and the elders together. YHWH looked down at Israel in the Land of Moab and told Moses to address each group, declaring his knowledge of their character and predicting their unfaithfulness.  He knew them more thoroughly than they knew themselves. He saw their rebellious nature, their tendency to pride and idolatry. He knew that they would reject his commandments and follow their own ways. He knew that they would worship other gods, that they would claim to be the source of their own strength. He saw them for the treacherous adulterers they really were, and he promised to redeem them and love them regardless.

Yeshua has done nothing other than what the Father had already demonstrated, only on a greater scale. He confronted the elders of Israel and showed their character to them.
“And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?”
(John 5:37-47)
He knew that they were thoroughly corrupt, that they wallowed in pride and injustice. Yeshua stood before them and condemned their sins in full knowledge of exactly who they were, and all the while he was planning to die for them.

Just like YHWH knew Israel, he knows you and me. He knows all of the despicable things that we do and think and feel. He knows what we have done and what we will do. He knows each one of us down to the minutest detail, and–most remarkable of all–he still loves each one of us and wants us to repent and come back to him and his laws.
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
(John 5:24-25)
Not only does he know who you are, but he knows what you can be. You can be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.