The Nashville Statement

You've probably heard about the Nashville Statement already. I finally got around to reading it yesterday, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why any Christians are upset about it. I reaffirms doctrines that have been commonly held by Christians all over the world for two thousand years. It contains no surprises, nothing revolutionary. I might quibble with a few word choices here and there, but overall, I think it's very Biblical and sound. It's not insulting or hateful in any way. It sets out Biblical principals in a straight forward manner.

What could be so offensive about that? Hmm. Maybe it's actually God and God's Law that people don't like. Do you think?

Yeshua had a word or two about those people who call themselves the people of God (whether Christians or Jews) yet reject everything that God said is right and just. (See Revelation 2:14-16, 2:20-23, & 3:9.)

You can read the Statement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.