Who Are You?

Until God showed his power, Moses doubted his own role in God’s plan. He continually asked the question that weighs on us all: “Who am I?”

Who am I to lead your people? Who am I to speak to Pharaoh? Who am I that anyone should listen to me? God replied by giving Moses a mission: to confront both the B’nai Israel and the Pharaoh and to bring the Israelites out of Egypt.

When Moses asked again, “Who am I that Pharaoh should listen to me?” God, secure in his own identity (“I am/will be who I am/will be”), responded to Moses’ doubt with ultimate authority: “You are who I say you are. ”

Exodus 7:1-2  And YHWH said to Moses, See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh. And Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. You shall speak all that I command you. And Aaron your brother shall speak to Pharaoh, he will send the sons of Israel out of his land.

You too have a mission, a task delegated to you by God. If you doubt your ability to be of service to God and his Kingdom, believe this: God knows who you are. In the end, it doesn’t matter if you believe in your own capabilities so long as you trust in him. You will not overcome through your own power. You are just a tool. Moses and Aaron may have spoken God’s words to Pharaoh, but it was by God’s might that Israel was delivered.

Exodus 7:4-6  But Pharaoh shall not listen to you, and I will lay My hand upon Egypt, and bring My armies, My people the sons of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. And the Egyptians shall know that I am YHWH when I stretch forth My hand upon Egypt, and bring out the sons of Israel from among them. And Moses and Aaron did as YHWH commanded them; so they did.

God knows who you are and what you are capable of accomplishing, and he does not choose his tools arbitrarily. He always uses the right tool for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.