Nature and Nature's God

Humans Are an Essential Part of the Ecosystem

Researchers are just figuring out what has been obvious to everyone who takes the Biblical account of creation seriously, whether literally or metaphorically: humans are an essential part of the global ecosystem.
Transhumance Helps Vulture Conservation
ScienceDaily (2009-09-23) -- Researchers in Spain have shown for the first time the close space-time relationship between the presence of the griffon vulture and transhumant sheep farming in mountain passes. Transhumance -- the seasonal movement of people with their livestock -- has fallen in some parts of Spain by up to 80 percent over the past four years. The scientists say that traditional livestock farming practices are crucial for the preservation of mountain ecosystems.

Gods of Nature

Large geological structures have a way of profoundly inculcating themselves into one's imagination. Mighty rivers, high mountains, harsh deserts, wide seas. They become the dominant reference point for navigation, rivalry, and recreation. If you have lived near such a creature for an extended period, you probably know just what I mean. I grew up within a few miles of the Mississippi River, and although I moved away twenty years ago, it's still there in the back of my mind. It influences the analogies I employ, the color scheme I chose for my house, and even my dreams. I have lived at the foot of the Rocky Mountains for almost twelve years now, and I always know which way is west. If I can see the mountains, then I can find my way. They have a mystical kind of presence. It's easy to see how people come to ascribe divine attributes to such things.

The Death & Resurrection of All Mankind

God said Adam would die "in the day" that he ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, but we know that he actually lived more than 900 years longer. Did God lie to him?

When Adam ate the forbidden fruit, he came under the Law's power to condemn. He sentenced himself, and all mankind, to death in that moment. By one man's sin, we are condemned. Fortunately, by another Man's righteousness, we are absolved. "Go," therefore, "and sin no more."

See also: "One Day Is As a Thousand Years"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something.